How much does a POS system cost?
A Point of Sale (POS) system is a big investment that shouldn’t be taken lightly. A POS system allows you to take payments and keep record of everything in the store. It also helps to keep your business running smoothly. In fact, most POS systems can log employee hours, track inventories, and manage customer relationships.
There are lots of POS systems out there for various businesses. So in this post, we are going to discuss the costs of Point of Sale systems. So you can know how much to have in mind if you want to buy a POS system.
- POS software cost. POS systems have evolved. Most POS software has moved into the cloud. POS software includes features like employee management, inventory management, sales report, CRM, marketing features and more. The popular cloud POS software might cost $69 per month, but POS software that provides more advanced features, it might cost more than $100 per month per terminal. Here are some examples of monthly rates of popular cloud POS systems:
- Toast. $79-$99 per month
- Square. No monthly charge
- Vend. $69-$79 per month
- Revel Systems. $119 per month
- ShopKeep. $69 per month
Larger businesses with multiple locations or terminals might pay hundreds of dollars per month for software and support fees.
- POS hardware cost. Before you start spending money on POS hardware, you should know what POS hardware you need. You might need a receipt printer, tablet, credit card scanner, and cash drawer. You might also require a kitchen printer, barcode scanner, extra tablets, and scales for servers to take orders digitally. Now let’s talk about the price of a POS hardware cost.
- Shopify iPad Air/Pro/Mini bundle. $749 (without the iPad)
- Square iPad Air 2 bundle. $1,033 (with the iPad)
- ShopKeep iPad Air bundle. $859 (without the iPad)
- TouchBistro iPad Air 2 bundle. $1,123 (with the Apple wireless router and iPad)
- Vend iPad Air bundle. $576 (without the iPad)
However, some POS providers give you the option to lease the hardware for a monthly charge. However, to lease your hardware, you might be expected to pay like $100 per month.
Now that you have an idea of how much you will pay for a cloud POS system, you should know by now which POS system you want to buy. There are lots of systems you can choose from.